As per Airlines name change policy or name correction policy, all flight reservations must be made with a valid first name, middle name, or surname. The names must be the same as the customer’s government-issued photo ID or passport.
Here are important guidelines of Turkish Airlines’ name correction policy:
- Ticket name change is permitted in cases like divorce, weddings, last name absence, spelling errors, or typing mistakes on the reservation form.
- Only one request for a Airlines name correction on ticket is permitted for one customer.
- The booking must be done on the TK document.
- TK flight number should commence with 235 and must run under Turkish Airlines.
- No traveller can transfer his/her ticket to any other person. If they want to do so, they will need to first cancel the existing ticket and rebook it. The facility of refund is also applicable in such cases.
Here’s how you can make a Turkish Airlines Name Change on a ticket under the Turkish Airlines name change policy.
Different Ways to Make Ticket Name Change
The airline’s customers can change or correct their names online at the official portal. In addition, the ticket name change request can be approached by the official customer service department. Let us make you understand the online & offline processes step-by-step.
Way 1: Online
- Go to turkshiairlines.com. Click on the option “Manage.”
- On clicking the ‘Manage my booking’, enter your flight’s 6-digit reference number and last name.
- Click the “Change” button, and choose ‘Türkiye Hava Yolları name change request’ from the given change requests.
- As per Airlines name change policy, you can correct up to 4 characters in your name- first, middle, and last names.
- Click the “Save” button to lock in the changes.
- Now, pay the name change fee along with any applicable fare difference to confirm the corrections and changes.
- Once changes are confirmed, check your inbox for the confirmation email.
Way 2: Phone Number
You can seek help from the customer service executive for the Airlines name change on ticket. Simply dial the customer care phone number and follow these steps:
- Keep your 6-digit reference number handy. It may also be your e-ticket number.
- On the call, you can request name correction or change. For this, you’ll need to validate your name through valid legal documents such as divorce papers, marriage certificates, or government-issued ID.
- The representative will tell you the amount of the name change fee as well as the fare difference, if applicable.
- You will get a confirmation on the email ID registered at the reservation time after the changes are confirmed.
So, you’ve just gone through Turkish Airlines’ name change policy that makes it possible for travellers to change the name on Turkish flight tickets.